Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Back in the Saddle

Reunited, and it feels so good! Welcome back to the homestead,VW New Beetle.

It was 10 years ago, almost to the day, that I parted with my beloved white 2002 new beetle. She was a lease, then a purchase which I flipped to buy a Toyota Rav4 for practicality (with two growing boys, athletics and skiing). Minivan: never. Chick SUV: sure. But now, with the kids grown and doing their things, I really missed that little car. So I looked around. Despite a winter of crappy health, I worked my ass off and tucked away some dollahs...then spent them when I found this:
Behold, A 2010 VW New Beetle convertible! This was the last (most recent) year they made the bubble front design before introducing the new-new beetle with the squishier nose. I don't like it as much. This gently used car came from one owner, with no accidents, was obsessively maintained and only has 40k miles on it. And she's now in my driveway, covered from the pine needles, pitch and pollen.

The thing is, I could care less that it's a convertible. In some ways that is a pain in the butt. Low miles was the compelling part for me. I love this little car! And because I could, I did.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home